1. Why Does Facebook Censor Gay Images?: Photographer Michael Stokes, among others, says his work is regularly censored by Facebook even when the images clearly don’t break the rules. Who makes these decisions?
2. When Musicians Unintentionally Steal: Sam Smith’s hit single sounds an awful lot like a Tom Petty song, but that doesn’t make him some kind of artistic hack.
3. Gag order prevented Google from disclosing WikiLeaks probe for 3 years: Search giant says its policy always contests secrecy orders tacked to data requests.
4. “No Fast Lanes and Slow Lanes”: CRTC Rules Bell’s Mobile TV Service Violates Telecommunications Act (Michael Geist)
5. The NFL wants you to think these things are illegal: Yes, you can record Sunday’s game. And you can talk about it.